Monday, April 19, 2010

Lots Of Music

It has been brought to my attention that I listen to a lot of music. According to my iTunes I have 105.15Gb/51.7 Days/15500 Songs worth of music and yes, surprisingly even to myself, I listen to all of it.

Any that I haven't listened to is next in line to be listened to and I won't stop until I've listened to it all. The downside of this is, if I decide on a whim to take an entire discography of an artist into custody then I have to listen to all of it. Now, I'm not going to force myself to listen to complete garbage but I do have to listen to an entire Soulwax discography, not going well so far, an Apparat discography, going swimmingly and a Grateful Dead discography, which, I have no clue as to whether it'll be a trek of a journey or a welcome discovery.

In the last week I have discovered for myself artists like Bonobo and Little Dragon and I've been pleasantly surprised. In recent months I think the song I wish I could show everybody is Nineteen Again by An Explorer, who you can download here. It's a pretty moving song.

I'd say the worst album I've heard recently is Any Minute Now by Soulwax. I can't seem to vibe off this Indie/Electro buzz, does absolutely nothing for me.

This week, the best album I've heard is by Ellen Allen (who runs Bpitch Control) & Apparat (who runs Shitkatapult) and it's called Orchestra Of Bubbles. Soundwatching is a pretty cool blog.

I think people may enjoy this album, it's quite dark, electronic, dubsteppy, it's idm and it's got some nice breaks. Ital Tek - Cyclical.

That's all folks.

1 comment:

  1. I was listening to An Explorer quite a while ago and got down to Nineteen Again, and I dono man, something about that piece does funny things to me. I listen to that song alot, and don't listen to any other An Explorer songs. I don't think 'moving' explains it atal, it's on another level. The part about his father, that entire part, from the moment he starts talking until the end, it's really incredible. Good stuff Joe. :)

    ReplyDelete