Monday, April 26, 2010

Sweden

I'm just back from visiting Casey in Sweden. I'm quite tired. It was class. We watched a lot of How I Met Your Mother, a lot.
  • Street side salad bars
  • Falafel pizza
  • Ridiculously fast internet
  • The most beautifully put together people I have ever seen
  • One of the best venues/spaces I've ever seen
  • Awesome apartments
  • Fucked up cats,
  • Meeting one of the lads from The Redneck Manifesto in a bar
  • Chatting to a lad about playing with Weekend Nachos
  • Being in dinner party Fibbers
  • OMNI
  • Falafel pizza, again
  • Flawless public transport
  • Getting thrown out of an adaptation of the film 'Elizabeth' for being late, having no ticket and trying anyway
  • Walking, for hours, and hours, for miles
  • The circular place near the marina with built in speakers on the hill playing virtuoso music
  • Green Man suit 'UP'
  • Ted
  • Barney
  • Semi Creepin'
  • Being scared of foreign currency
  • Goobers Of War 2
  • Død snø, a Nazi Zombie film in Swedish
  • Schizo Distro/Fanzine
  • Finding a Carosah CD and buying it
  • Buying Swedish DnB
  • Falafel
  • Pick & Mix
  • Unbelievably warm sitting room
  • Writing a postcard to Balfey
  • Windmills
  • 5 Museums - Modern Art, Science & Technology, Some kind of national gallery/museum, Photo exhibition about Pripyat (FROM COD4!!!!)
  • No network coverage
  • Quorn Curry
  • The Bristles show with some other bands who were alright, Filthy Charity (FRA), The Warcharge and Solidification of Horror (1st show, self professed, best band in the world!)
  • The lad who kept talking about the Pogues, how Shane McGowan is his hero and then breaking into a raucous round of Tiocfaigh ár lá
  • Making a fool of myself
  • Scooter!
  • Casey making a full food order in Swedish
  • Sun
  • Wind
  • Camel light
  • Free Bananas
  • Hard Drive full of Tv Shows, music and movies
  • That salad the pizzerias sell
  • The 2 lads in the pizzeria chatting about music, studios and Red Alert.
  • Magic 'Fix The Bus' Man arriving out of nowhere to fix the bus, then arriving 50 metres up the road out of the blue, again.
  • Drowning out crying babies with 65daysofstatic
  • Trying to get lost
  • Getting lost
  • Dog park, Rottweilers with their tails
  • POSITIVE EAGLE ATTITUDE
  • Geese everywhere
  • Arriving to Urban Outfitters in Copenhagen when Casey had gone to the airport to get me
  • COFFEE
  • Punch rolls - Green marzipan rolls with chocolatey, somethingy amazingly filling deliciousness
  • That girl having her No0dz posted and spread on Facebook
  • Cool tags
  • Music shops
  • The Beach
  • Solero
  • Balcony chill
This is basically every picture I took from the 21st of April until today (26th). I left my good camera at home and all I had was my phone, it served me as well as it could, soldiered on through the dark and too bright.

This is everything I came home with that I didn't have on the way over.
Photobucket

These bad boys took an absolute pounding over the last week, fair play lads.
Photobucket

The mothership
Photobucket

Oresund Bridge from Copenhagen to Malmo
Photobucket

I watched that dog jump for that tyre for about ten minutes, he was class.

Photobucket

View of the 'Turning Torso' tower from Kogenspark
Photobucket

Windmill with no blades, Kogenspark
Photobucket

Two geese bowing to me before battle.
Photobucket

Same windmill, Kogenspark
Photobucket

Jet Engine, House Of Science and Maritime Museum
Photobucket

Fighter Jet, same museum
Photobucket

Awesome steam train!
Photobucket

Want
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Penny Farthing?
Photobucket


Photobucket

Submarine I was on in the museum, too dark for a photo inside
Photobucket

Should have got information on this, there were little to no English translations for these exhibits
Photobucket

BAT
Photobucket

Cabinet full of dead, stuffed birds
Photobucket

What is that?
Photobucket

Big spikey blow up fish
Photobucket

Robot Jazz band, they weren't half bad
Photobucket

Thought this was a great thing to see in a museum
Photobucket

These two pictures were complete accidents, well, the first one was. I have no flash and this happened, I think it looks cool.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Malmohus Castle
Photobucket

Again
Photobucket

This sign was outside with no disclaimer or note that it's of historical merit. Casey says it's not even in Swedish.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Big lad
Photobucket

Weird video in the art gallery, didn't like it
Photobucket

These caught my eye. Yes, I'm a philistine.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Near Central Station
Photobucket

Central Station
Photobucket

Small lighthouse in between Central Station and the docks. Check out the couple gettin' it on.
Photobucket

Two old old wooden ships
Photobucket

What I'm guessing is a tug, I don't think it's a lifeboat.


Photobucket

The walk to the platforms in Central Station. That lady was none too impressed.
Photobucket

Want
Photobucket

Would absolutely wear
Photobucket

My adoring public in the Theatre Museum

Photobucket

Outside the Modern Art Museum, pity the fence is in the way.
Photobucket

Falafel Pizza. I miss you.
Photobucket

What a warning sign
Photobucket

Police Station, Malmo
Photobucket

Rock Garden
Photobucket

View of the marina from the dog park
Photobucket

And again...
Photobucket

New age house boats
Photobucket

View of the 'Turning Torso' from where I very nearly snotted myself
Photobucket

Heheheh
Photobucket

What a lovely tag!
Photobucket

Look
Photobucket

WTC, Malmo
Photobucket

H3 Taxi on Casey's street
Photobucket

Menu from the awesome pizza place
Photobucket

View at 7am from the train
Photobucket

Man cleaning the windows
Photobucket

The yoke what got me homePhotobucket

Someone threw a stun grenade on the plane...
Photobucket

So that was my trip, or what I comes to mind immediately. Everyone should go and see Casey, I'm inviting you.

1 comment:

  1. It's Kungsparken and you should change your blog width for the pics unless everyone is reading it in Google Reader, then it's perfect. An yes come over, Joe can invite whoever.

    ReplyDelete