Sunday, May 30, 2010

Maybe This Is Normal

I've been reading the news a lot recently, more than usual, paying particular attention to news of accidents and murders, deaths in general. I'm not reading the obituary pages or anything but I keep expecting to see somebody I know. This has been going on for a couple of weeks.

Today, as you know, I listened to Organic Halluciniosis by Decapitated.

Strangely enough, I didn't listen to much else, I suppose it's early yet. I did listen to Ellen Allien - The Other Side - Berlin which was pretty cool, there's a song called Rej (Feat. Ame) that I can' find on Youtube that I really enjoyed, and obviously Way Out (Feat. Apparat)



I listened to Queens Of The Stone Age - Over The Years And Through The Woods. It's a good set. I always forget how fond of that band I am. I lifted the setlist right off Wikipedia.

  1. "Go with the Flow" – 2:58 (From Songs for the Deaf)
  2. "Regular John" – 5:24 (From Queens of the Stone Age)
  3. "Monsters in the Parasol" – 4:39 (From Rated R)
  4. "Tangled Up in Plaid" – 4:00 (From Lullabies to Paralyze)
  5. "Little Sister" – 2:51 (From Lullabies to Paralyze)
  6. "You Can't Quit Me Baby" – 9:49 (From Queens of the Stone Age)
  7. "I Wanna Make It wit Chu" – 4:27 (From Volumes 9 & 10 of the Desert Sessions and Era Vulgaris)
  8. "Leg of Lamb" – 3:34 (From Rated R)
  9. "I Think I Lost My Headache" – 5:24 (From Rated R)
  10. "Mexicola" – 5:09 (From Queens of the Stone Age)
  11. "Burn the Witch" – 3:12 (From Lullabies to Paralyze)
  12. "Song for the Dead" – 7:47 (From Songs for the Deaf)
  13. "No One Knows" – 7:47 (From Songs for the Deaf)
  14. "Long Slow Goodbye" – 7:20 (From Lullabies to Paralyze)

Now I'm listening to 'Oversteps' by Autechre, one of the few Warp producers I still like, though I'm open to old school suggestions, none of the newer stuff has been any use. I had this album on my ipod for a while but I must not have listened to it much because I don't recognise much of it.



It's a really good album, I prefer it to Tri Repeatae anyway.

I'm not quite sure what I've done but my Blogger has gone insane, the letters I'm typing are huge but they look normal in the Preview. Hmm...

I'm going to the Sunday Roast in the Mercantile later to see the lads, Awake Young Soldiers' single launch. I'm really looking forward to it. Dave and Stevie from O,TA are in it too.

The same Dave and Vinny from O,TA produced it in the studio.

I love Fats' lyrics and voice, they're such a class band to watch live. Luke and I danced for the whole set I think on stage at Biddlefest. Ah Jaysis, I don't even remember it.




No comments:

Post a Comment